Friday, November 4, 2016

Pikachu, take two!

Halloween has come and gone, and I didn't craft NEARLY as many things as I wanted to. I'll chat more about that at the bottom, since most of you are here for Pikachu. :)


While I love using 53 Stitches pattern for Pikachu and many other Pokemon, I found Studio Crafti's Pikachu pattern and thought it was super cute. Unfortunately, they took the written pattern down recently for revisions, so the Pikachu in these photos might be different than their new pattern indicates. They still have their tutorial up on YouTube, however:
Part 1:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6QRKaKM6co
Part 2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orwRSmICbVI&feature=youtu.be



To be honest, it isn't much different than 53 Stitches other than a few things:
  • Head is fatter
  • Body and head are made in one piece rather than separate
  • Arms are flat and on the side
  • Overall larger

So you could easily mix and match the two patterns until you find something you like. I could not figure out their tail pattern very easily, so maybe they are revising that part currently. But otherwise, a great pattern, thank you Studio Crafti!

Now, as for Halloween crafting. Things started off well. I messed around on my Silhouette machine and made a vinyl sign for my mom who LOVES the Haunted Mansion at Disneyland. (The picture book is also amazing, by the way, it comes with a CD of the narration and everything!)

Then I spent a while tweaking those darn pumpkins and getting those up. I also made a bat I was going to put up a pattern for but decided it wasn't all that special. Maybe next year if there is interest.

Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment